Steps in securing your breakthrough
1. God will have you sitting before you cross over. Sitting still is not a bad thing, it’s all about God’s timing and your willingness to be obedient to His instructions. Joshua 3:1
2. They sat for three days and the instructions came from the officers in the camp. ““When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the Levitical priests carrying it, you are to move out from your positions and follow it. 4 Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before. But keep a distance of about two thousand cubits[a] between you and the ark; do not go near it.” Joshua 3:2-4
a. When you see the presence of God moving, get up and follow it because He is taking you in a direction that you have never been before. The way that God takes you is not going to be familiar and may be uncomfortable for you but because God is leading just trust His lead.
3. Separate yourselves, Fast, Pray. “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.” Joshua 3:5
4. Heed the leading of God: God will always go before you to make every crooked path straight. Joshua said to the priests, “Take up the ark of the covenant and pass on ahead of the people.” So they took it up and went ahead of them. Joshua 3:6
5. God will speak specific prophetic instruction: “Today I will begin to exalt you in the eyes of all Israel, so they may know that I am with you as I was with Moses. 8 Tell the priests who carry the ark of the covenant: ‘When you reach the edge of the Jordan’s waters, go and stand in the river.” Joshua 3:7-8
6. God will prove that He is going to do exactly what He said He would do in your life/situation: Joshua said to the Israelites, “Come here and listen to the words of the Lord your God. This is how you will know that the living God is among you and that he will certainly drive out before you the Canaanites, Hittites, Hivites, Perizzites, Girgashites, Amorites and Jebusites. Joshua 3:9-10
7. This is what is going to happen as soon as you do what I say: And as soon as the priests who carry the ark of the Lord—the Lord of all the earth—set foot in the Jordan, its waters flowing downstream will be cut off and stand up in a heap.” Joshua 3:13
8. Key Observation: The Jordan was flooding as was popular during harvest season. Your harvest usually comes during time where you are the most overwhelmed, flooded with emotions, flooded with feelings etc. Never confuse flooding with breakthrough, remember God does His best work when you think it is impossible. Hah! J Joshua 3:15
9. As soon as you follow directions and move when God says move look what happens: Yet as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water’s edge, 16 the water from upstream stopped flowing. It piled up in a heap a great distance away, at a town called Adam in the vicinity of Zarethan, while the water flowing down to the Sea of the Arabah (that is, the Dead Sea) was completely cut off. Joshua 3:15B-16
10. You will crossover and be able to see your opposition! One battle at a time, your Jericho will come down next! So the people crossed over opposite Jericho Joshua 3:16B
11. This journey is not just about you but as you walk in the presence of the most Holy Lord others will be able to cross over as well, on dry ground! “The priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the Lord stopped in the middle of the Jordan and stood on dry ground, while all Israel passed by until the whole nation had completed the crossing on dry ground.” Joshua 3:17
12. Praise the name of Jesus! He is still the God of the Impossible!!!!!
Cheryl L. White